Waste Water Plant Operator
LOCATION: Baton Rouge
LAST REVISED: August 2021
To operate, maintain, monitor and trouble shoot DAF wastewater treatment facility and its processes.
Ability to operate and maintain the following equipment
- DAF- DAF systems are designed to remove total suspended solids (TSS), biochemical oxygen demand (BOD), and oils and greases (O&G) from a wastewater stream. Contaminants are removed using a dissolved air-in-water solution produced by injecting air under pressure into a recycle stream of clarified DAF effluent.
- Sand Filter - Sand filters are used as a step in the water treatment process of water purification. There are three main types; rapid sand filters, upward flow sand filters and slow sand filters.
- Sock Filter - Remove suspended solids between 100-140 micron while filtering out oil with our sturdy dewatering bags and reusable filter socks.
- Dewatering Box - Dewatering Containers are water tight boxes that have an internal porous structure supporting a filter media, along with drain ports to allow the filtered water to escape. ... This includes containers that are commonly referred to as self-dumping hoppers and front loaders.
- Carbon Vessel - Carbon tank filters can be used on both city water and well water. And Carbon tank water filter systems are great at removing taste, smells, odors, chemicals, chlorine, organics and many other impurities. Also, these backwashing carbon filters normally come with only the very finest quality activated carbon available
Assuring material is safely moved through the facility. Keep MHB organized by utilizing resources throughout the plant.
Stop Work Authority in any situation outside operating parameters.
- Ability to operate an industrial powered lift truck or forklift according to company procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to use and maintain respiratory protection equipment
- Ability to learn proper methods for handling hazardous materials and wastes, with training
- The ability to read, write, count, understand and speak English
- Previous experience in wastewater treatment
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
- The physical ability to lift and carry at least 50 lb. net bags for short distances
- The physical ability to tilt back or break 800 lb. net drums onto a dolly
- The physical ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Test negative on the company’s drug tests
- May be handling potentially hazardous substances
- Read acknowledge and comprehend SOP’s and Site Safety Rules
- Locate assembly points, Muster Points, Eye Wash Stations, Safety Showers and Fire Extinguishers
- Proper PPE always. Minimum for Operator 1 is Hard hat, safety glasses, FRC and half faced respirator
- Ability to identify job site hazards
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.