LOCATION: Baton Rouge
LAST REVISED: February 2018
Sampling of plant feed to ensure adherence to material acceptance plan and profile approval. Testing of samples to maintain compliance with LPDES permit and disposal plan, where applicable.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sampling material in roll off boxes, tankers, and Flo Bins
- Serve on company’s in-plant or off-site emergency response team
- Receive, unload and place into storage, samples received from off-site customers; complete inspections and paperwork associated with receiving and storing samples
Properly manage waste generated during laboratory operation
- LPDES permit compliance through proper testing and procedures
- Cleans and maintains laboratory and equipment
- Perform all other duties as required
- Comply with all company policies, rules, and guidelines
Routine: Assuring samples are collected correctly and in a timely manner.
Difficult: Establish and maintain a sample collection and management program.
Reason for Contact
Limited to use of company equipment and compliance with all company policies, rules, and guidelines
- Ability to lift, loosen, pull/slide lids open, and roll tarps to access the material
- Ability to use hand tools, powered and manual
- Ability to learn proper methods for handling materials, with training
- Previous experience (1-3 years) in a laboratory/sampling setting
- Knowledge of petroleum hydrocarbon testing
- Basic knowledge of chemistry
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
- The physical ability to lift and carry at least 25 lb. for short distances
- The physical ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Test negative on the company’s drug tests
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.