LOCATION: Baton Rouge
LAST REVISED: January 2018
Assist Operator 4 with Processing Duties
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate material processing equipment in the Process and Water Treatment areas (including other associated controls as needed) as directed by the Board Operator
- Gather samples from centrifuge processing tank to ensure proper cut on material. These samples are tested by either the Supervisor or Lab personnel.
- Report Responsible for accurate and turnover of equipment and production status with other Operator 3 on shift and to the oncoming shift
- Perform Operator 1, Operator 2 and Operator 3 duties as needed
- Ensure safe condition of equipment to be inspected or repaired prior to start of work by maintenance personnel
- Ensure compliance with applicable Air Permit requirements
- Comply with all company policies, rules and guidelines
Centrifuge Control Room
- Control room will remain free of any oil, trash and materials not used. Any used oil from samples dumped in processing tanks. Any malfunctioning equipment should be reported to maintenance immediately.
- Inspect all lines feeding and returning to Blend tanks for wear. Ensure locking pins are always installed of fittings. Keep tanks clean and close all hatches once complete with inspections
- Maintain feed pumps as per operations manual of given design, notify maintenance of any issues.
Feed and Suction Lines
- Inspect all lines for trip hazards, proper function and locking pins are always in place. If any of the lines need to be changed out, make sure to properly blow out lines prior to removing.
- Troubleshoot any issues with Polymer pumps or notify maintenance of issues.
- Keep proper maintenance schedule for centrifuges. Follow manufactures guidelines.
- Since boilers are a part of the centrifuge operation, the operator is responsible for the proper upkeep along with maintenance. Any issues with boilers should be reported immediately to maintenance.
- Proper housekeeping in Centrifuge area is highly important. This includes open walking paths, no spills, all connections on tanks properly secured, any debris properly disposed of and tools properly stored.
- Offload material into proper blend tank. Makin sure lines are properly maintained, and clean out of line is performed once transfer is complete.
- Assist with the loading of truck with good oil. This will include pulling hoses to the truck and proper clean out of lines if necessary.
Routine: Assure material is safely and efficiently processed through the facility.
Operator 3 is to notify Operator 4 when upset or out-of-compliance conditions occur.
- Ability to understand and operate the plant HMI control system and understand operation of all related components
- Ability to operate an industrial powered lift truck, forklift, bobcat according to company procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to use and maintain respiratory protection equipment
- Ability to learn proper methods for handling hazardous materials and wastes, with training
- The ability to read, write, count, understand and speak English
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
- The physical ability to lift and carry at least 50 lb. net bags for short distances
- The physical ability to tilt back or break 800 lb. net drums onto a dolly
- The physical ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Test negative on the company’s drug tests
- May be handling potentially hazardous substances
- Read acknowledge and comprehend SOP’s and Site Safety Rules
- Locate assembly points, Muster Points, Eye Wash Stations, Safety Showers and Fire Extinguishers
- Proper PPE always.
- Ability to identify job site hazards
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.